Friday, December 5, 2008

Missing Scans!

I'm reducing some EVLA-VLA data, and I discovered that one of the calibrator scans was missing in the data. It was listed in the "scan list" on the archive and the observe files were (to the best of our knowledge) correct. After emailing the analysts, we figured out that the scan was flagged by the online flagger. You can read in the data without applying these online flags using CPARM(3) = 16.

I'm still trying to figure out why it was flagged, and I'm assuming that this information is stored in the "OF Table" extension. However, I haven't been able to find any information on that table using google (googling "aips 'OF table'" doesn't really work because you get a lot of pages with properties of tables, not info about the OF table).

I'll post what I learn about this (if anything), but it's something to keep in mind if you find yourself missing scans..


No comments: