Friday, February 27, 2009

Casa and high frequency data

A question from reader Adam:

Do you folks do any work with high frequency (K and Q band) data? Do you use CASA at all? I've been trying to do both.

My (Amanda) response is below. Feel free to add yours in the comments.



I've just started playing with CASA, but not with high frequency data. My impressions are that the core utilities are there and that they're making great progress debugging everything and adding functionality. That being said, be extremely careful using CASA for production data reduction and make sure you double-check everything.

I've heard from other people that there are performance issues associated with large data sets on 32-bit computers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.